food allergy

What is a food allergy?




The foods that adults or children respond to are those they eat the most.

A food allergy is defined as an individual’s negative reaction to a food. Almost any food can trigger a reaction in a sensitive person. Other terms for food allergy are ‘food intolerance and food allergy.

For adults, common foods that cause allergies include shellfish such as shrimp, lobster, crabs, and crabs. (Note that if you are allergic to any of the seashells, you are likely to be allergic to all of them or to others); Peanuts and legumes. Nuts such as walnuts. Fish; and eggs. Adults usually do not lose their sensitivity.

Children are somewhat different. Common food allergens that cause problems for children are eggs, milk, and peanuts. Sometimes kids can get bigger when they get older. Children are more likely to outgrow an allergy to milk or soy than an allergy to peanuts, fish, or shrimp.

These food allergies can lead to catastrophic events. Reactions range from rash and pain to anaphylactic shock.

When trying to figure out if and what you have a problem with food, it is very important to keep a careful diary of your daily food and drink. You should also write down your symptoms in detail. Without it, you have no hope of finding what bothers you. Keep detailed records!

Can drug allergies affect the way you eat?

Absolutely !. For example, all those allergic to penicillin, for example, should be careful when buying and eating confined animals such as chicken, turkey, pork, etc. These animals that are kept in confined spaces constantly climb on top of each other and scratch each other causing skin infections. These animals cannot be sold with this infection. They are known to give these animals penicillin to treat these infections and to be able to sell them.

The number of drugs may remain elevated in some of these animals. Anaphylactic reactions and even death have occurred from penicillin in people who have eaten these animals. Be careful. Buy meat from confined animals that don’t contain antibiotics and you’ll be fine.

I can’t believe I have a food allergy! Could it be something else? Absolutely! It’s a little thing called conservatives. Preservatives are put into foods to make them last longer and realize their financial value.

Today, canned foods, for example, have a shelf life of up to 7 years. what does it mean? This means that the tin can be consumed and thus sold during this period. Years ago, the shelf life of canned foods was 3 years. How did they extend the time? Conservatives!

Did you know, for example, that one popular brand of peanut butter contains more than 120 preservatives? Doesn’t that sound amazing? makes me. People like you may be allergic to any of these preservatives. It is very difficult to find a preservative that you are allergic to.

Also, don’t forget the food colors. Many people are allergic to different food colors. The most common is the red dye n. 3

How do you know if you are allergic or sensitive to food, preservative, or food coloring?

The first thing to do is suspect that you have a problem. There is a difference between overt sensitivity and sensitivity. Allergies will cause obvious symptoms such as hives, rashes, and in some cases anaphylaxis. (Especially hypersensitivity in animals to a substance, such as a protein or a foreign drug, caused by exposure to a foreign substance after the initial exposure). A food allergy will cause mild discomfort such as general malaise. Perhaps an increased heart rate, excessive belching, gas, or a bloated stomach. You may also feel tired.

The next thing to do, and perhaps the most important thing, is to read the labels of the foods you buy. You must become a detective! Most foods use the same preservatives. If after reading the labels you identify a prominent preservative, by which I mean a preservative that is only present in one of the foods you eat, that preservative may be the culprit. Just get rid of this food. After 4 days you will know if food and preservatives are causing your problem. Now, to distinguish whether you are sensitive to a food or a preservative, eat the food fresh and see if it gives you the same allergic reactions. If the answer is yes, then your food allergy. If the answer is no, then the allergy is to the preservative. At this point, you need to eliminate this preservative from your diet. The only way to do it correctly is to read all the labels.

Simple test!

There is a simple and effective way to determine that food alone or with a preservative may be a problem for you. It is not 100% effective. However, it will give you a clue. This is the “pulse test”. It is easy to do. Before eating, take your pulse for a full minute. Just count how many times your heart beats in one minute. Now get a small portion of the food you plan to eat. Put it in your mouth. Don’t chew it, just put it in your mouth. Wait about 30 seconds and count your heart rate for another minute. If your heart rate increases by 4 to 5 beats per minute, it is very likely that the food you are about to eat is causing an allergic reaction.

Isn’t that easy?

If what we described above did not help you identify your food or a preservative, then you should resort to the elimination diet. The elimination diet is very effective. However, it does take time. As the name of the diet suggests, food should be excluded from your diet. You are preparing this meal at the same time.

We suggest that before you make your first elimination, you should write down exactly how you feel. Then get rid of this food. This food should be discarded for 4 days in a row to determine if it is causing you problems. Each day of elimination, you have to notice how you feel. At the end of the fourth day, compare the journal entries. If at the end of the fourth day you feel the same way before the exclusion, that food is not the culprit. You should keep trying different foods one by one over the four-day period until you find the culprit. It may take some time.

Remember that your problems may be caused by more than one food. This is why the magazine is so important. If this is said before the first elimination of food, you have 6 symptoms. Now after getting rid of this food you have 3 symptoms. So you need to exclude this food from your diet. But don’t stop there! Now you have to get rid of another food. If you feel the same after eliminating this food for 4 days, try another food. This process may take more than a month!

Comments

Archive

Contact Form

Send